DESIGN A FEARLESS (FIRE SUPPRESSION AND SMART ALERT SYSTEM) ON GAS LEAKS
In the natural gas management industry, gas leakage is a matter that must be considered. This is because if the leak is not handled immediately it will result in incidents and even work accidents that can lead to fatalities. To avoid gas leaks that can cause work accidents, a gas detector is used in the process to detect gas leaks from the start so that operators can find out if there is a gas leak. However, in the process, most of the gas detector equipment in the field experienced some damage which caused no gas leak to be detected and along with the development of gas detector detection system technology, its function could be upgraded to detect and extinguish fires caused by gas leaks. Taking these aspects into account, the purpose of this research is to design an automatic leak detection and fire extinguishing system called FEARLESS. The method used is a case study methodology and applied. From the data obtained in the field, it was found that there were 4 gas detector disturbances in 2019 and 5 times in 2020 which resulted in no detection of gas leaks when the detector was disturbed, as well as 34 gas leaks in 2019 and 42 times in 2020.
• Al-Badi dan I. AlMubarak, “Permintaan energi yang terus meningkat di negara-negara GCC,” Arab J. Basic Appl. Sci. , jilid. 26, tidak. 1, hlm. 488–496, Januari 2019.
• Sugiyono, Metode Penelitian dan Pengembangan (Research and Development/R&D) . 2016.
• M. Risnandar, “Studi Penerapan Panel Surya Di Badan Geologi Bandung,” Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, 2014.
• S. Wuryanti, Neraca Massa dan Energi . Bandung: Politeknik Negeri Bandung, 2016.
• W. Murti, “Desain Ulang TPS 4 Limbah B3 PT Petrokimia Gresik,” Universitas Airlangga, 2007.
• Retno L.P. Marsud, “Laporan Kinerja” Direktorat Jenderal Minyak Dan Gas Bumi Kementrian Energi Dan Sumber Daya Mineral, 2021.
• Ridha Ababil, “Annual Report” PT. Perusahaan Gas Negara, 2020.
• Alfin Ali., dkk, “Laporan Kinerja” Direktorat Jenderal Minyak Dan Gas Bumi Kementrian Energi Dan Sumber Daya Mineral, 2019.
• Asiyah Afifah, Korban Meninggal Ledakan Gas di PT. Semar Gemilang, 2020.
• Yingting LUO1, a* , Xudong OUYANG2 , Hao WU1, F. L. and H. T. S. (n.d.). Methane Detection at Low Concentration Based on 2f Harmonic Signal, 2015.
• Aldhafeeri, T., Tran, M.-K., Vrolyk, R., Pope, M., & Fowler, M. A Review of Methane Gas Detection Sensors: Recent Developments and Future Perspectives. Inventions, 5(3), 28, 2020.
• Thomas, S., & Shahnaj Haider, N. Instruments for Methane Gas Detection. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, 4(5), 137–143, 2014.
• Wang, W., Zhang, L., & Zhang, W. Analysis of Optical Fiber Methane Gas Detection System. Procedia Engineering, 52, 401–407, 2012.
• Geersen, J., Scholz, F., Linke, P., Schmidt, M., Lange, D., Behrmann, J. H., Völker, D., & Hensen, C. Fault zone controlled seafloor methane seepage in the rupture area of the 2010 Maule earthquake, Central Chile. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, 17(11), 4802–4813, 2012.
• Khan, F. I., & Abbasi, S. A. An assessment of the likelihood of occurrence, and the damage potential of domino effect (chain of accidents) in a typical cluster of industries. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, 14(4), 283–306. 2015
• Ganesh, R. S., Mahaboob, M., AN, J., C, L., S, P., & Kumar, K. K. Smart System for Hazardous Gases Detection and Alert System using Internet of Things. 2021 5th International Conference on Electronics, Communication and Aerospace Technology (ICECA), 511–515, 2021.