The Influence of Product Quality and Brand Image on repurchase Intention of Halal Cosmetic Products in e-Commerce
The purpose of this study is to analyze the relationship between product quality and repurchase intention, to analyze the relationship between brand image and repurchase intention. This research is a type of quantitative research with a causality model. This research method is quantitative, the respondents in this study were 400 cosmetic consumer respondents who were determined by simple random sampling, distributing questionnaires through online questionnaires which were distributed through social media such as Twitter, Instagram and WhatsApp. Data analysis used structural equation modeling (SEM) with smartPLS 3.0 software tools. The online questionnaire was designed using a Likert scale of 1 to 7. The stages of data analysis were validity, reliability and hypothesis testing. The results of data analysis show that product quality has a positive and significant effect on repurchase intention, the higher the quality of the product that meets consumer expectations, the higher the intention to repurchase the product in the future. Furthermore, brand image has a positive and significant effect on repurchase intention. A better brand image such as a pioneer of halal beauty products, a good reputation, and a well-known brand results in a higher repurchase intention for the product.
2. Ambali, A. R., & Bakar, A. N. (2014). People's awareness on halal foods and products: potential issues for policy-makers. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 121, 3-25.
3. Anggadwita, G., Alamanda, D. T., & Ramadani, V. (2019). Halal label vs product quality in Halal cosmetic purchasing decisions. IKONOMIKA, 4(2), 227-242.
4. Awan, H. M., Siddiquei, A. N., & Haider, Z. (2015). Factors affecting Halal purchase intention–evidence from Pakistan’s Halal food sector. Management Research Review, 38(6), 640-660.
5. Borzooei, M., & Asgari, M. (2013). The Halal brand personality and its effect on purchase intention. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, 5(3), 481-491.
6. Chairunnisa, R., Zebua, Y., & Pitriyani, P. (2022). The Influence of Price Perception, Product Quality, Promotion, Brand Image on Repurchase Intention of Wardah Lipstick Products (Study on Customers of UD. Ghaisani cosmetics Rantau Prapat). International Journal of Science, Technology & Management, 3(3), 754-762.
7. Fadholi, M., Nurhayati, S., Hakim, A., Aflahul Karimah, M., Wirawan Muhammad, A., Qoes Atieq, S., ... & Mufid, M. (2020). Exploring Factor's Affecting Consumer's Purchase Intention Of Halal Food Products For Indonesian Millennials Consumers. European Journal of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, 7(08), 4320-4338.
8. Genoveva, G., & Utami, N. N. (2020). The Influence of Brand Image, Halal Label, and Halal Awareness on Customers Purchasing Decision of Halal Cosmetic. Jurnal Muara Ilmu Ekonomi Dan Bisnis, 4(2), 355-365.
9. Kusnandar, A., & Afiff, A. Z. (2020). The role of the country’s image and halal branding constructs in influencing repurchase intentions. European Journal of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, 7(1), 3995-4009.
10. Ketut, Y. I. (2018). The role of brand image mediating the effect of product quality on repurchase intention. Russian Journal of Agricultural and Socio-Economic Sciences, 83(11), 172-180.
11. Mandili, I., Zarkasih, A., Munthe, R. S., & Wahyuni, E. (2022). Effect of Product Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Trust, and Brand Image on Repurchase Intention. Case Study: Halal Cosmetic Products. Budapest International Research and Critics Institute (BIRCI-Journal): Humanities and Social Sciences, 5(2), 10802-10809.
12. Mursid, A., & Wu, C. H. J. (2021). Halal company identity and halal restaurant loyalty: the role of customer satisfaction, customer trust and customer-company identification. Journal of Islamic Marketing.
13. Naseri, R. N. N. (2021). An Overview Of Online Purchase Intention Of Halal Cosmetic Product: A Perspective From Malaysia. Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education (TURCOMAT), 12(10), 7674-7681.
14. Purwanto, A., & Sudargini, Y. (2021). Exploring Factors Affecting the Purchase Intention of Halal Food Products: An Empirical Study on Student Consumers. International Journal of Social and Management Studies, 2(4), 13-21.
15. Putri, K. A. M. A., & Yasa, N. N. K. (2022). The Role of Customer Satisfaction as Mediating Variable on the Effect of Brand Image towards Coffee Shop Customer’s Repurchase Intention. European Journal of Business and Management Research, 7(2), 149-154.
16. Purwanto, H., Fauzi, M., Wijayanti, R., Al Awwaly, K. U., Jayanto, I., Purwanto, A., ... & Hartuti, E. T. K. (2020). Developing model of halal food purchase intention among indonesian non-muslim consumers: an explanatory sequential mixed methods research. Systematic Reviews in Pharmacy, 11(10), 396-407.
17. Purwanto, A., Ardiyanto, J., & Sudargini, Y. (2021). Intention Factors of Halal Food Purchase among Student Consumers: An Explanatory Sequential Mixed Methods Study. Journal of Industrial Engineering & Management Research, 2(2), 21-34.
18. Purwanto, A., & Sudargini, Y. (2021). Partial least squares structural squation modeling (PLS-SEM) analysis for social and management research: a literature review. Journal of Industrial Engineering & Management Research, 2(4), 114-123.
19. Nugroho, A. P., Atmaja, F. F., Mutaalimah, S., Andriansyah, Y., & Achiria, S. (2021, March). The Effect of Price, Product Quality and Religiosity on Purchasing Behavior of Halal-Labeled Sariayu Beauty Products. In 2nd Southeast Asian Academic Forum on Sustainable Development (SEA-AFSID 2018) (pp. 348-352). Atlantis Press.
20. Rahmawaty, A., & Rakhmawati, I. (2022). Repurchase Intention of Halal Cosmetic Product Among Muslim Consumers: The Roles of Islamic Branding, Halal Awareness, and Trust. IQTISHADIA, 15(1), 1-20.
21. Saputra, I. G. M. D., & Ekawati, N. W. (2020). Mediating Role Customer Satisfaction Brand Image Effect on Repurchase Intention (A Case Study on Consumer Talib M. Aboe Shop in Tabanan City). American Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Research, 4(3), 88-96.
22. Saputri, A. D., & Guritno, A. (2021, December). The Effect of Product Quality, Brand Image, and Halal Labeling on Purchase Decisions with Purchase Intentions as Intervening Variables. In Annual International Conference on Islamic Economics and Business (AICIEB) (Vol. 1, pp. 359-374).
23. Shahid, S., Parray, M. A., Thomas, G., Farooqi, R., & Islam, J. U. (2022). Determinants of Muslim consumers’ halal cosmetics repurchase intention: an emerging market’s perspective. Journal of Islamic Marketing.
24. Tian, H., Siddik, A. B., & Masukujjaman, M. (2022). Factors Affecting the Repurchase Intention of Organic Tea among Millennial Consumers: An Empirical Study. Behavioral Sciences, 12(2), 50.
25. Trihudiyatmanto, M., Prananditya, A., & Iqbal, M. A. (2022). Brand Image Islamic: Halal Food Product Quality in Relationship To Repurchase Intention. Journal of Digital Marketing and Halal Industry, 4(1), 1-15.
26. Yasin, M., & Surati, L. E. H. (2021). Does Product Knowledge Affect Intention To Use Islamic Banking? The Role of Corporate Image, Product Quality, and Religiosity. Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University, 56(2).